Making Your Vacation Worth Every Penny in the Florida Keys
The Florida Keys, an archipelago of islands, is so enjoyable vacation destination in Florida that you can make your vacation worth penny in it. It has a tropical savanna climate and teems with many scenic attractions, exotic islands, white sand beaches, sparkling waters of the Atlantic, amazing sunsets, various species of wildlife and tons of activities. Regarding accommodations for tourists, vacation home rentals in the Florida Keys are available at very affordable prices.
The Best Time to Visit the Florida Keys
In terms of weather, safety and tourism, the best time to visit the Florida Keys is from November 5th to April 1st. During this time, the minimum temperature is 45F (7C) and the maximum temperature is 85F (30C).T The average daily hovers between 55F to 75F (13C to 49C). The chances of rainfall are less than 14% i.e., it could rain once per week. But there is no snowfall on the ground.
Accessing the Florida Keys
Regardless of your location, you can access the Florida Keys without much hustle and bustle. The chief airports located here are Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International, Key West (EYW), The local means of transportation include busses, cars and taxis.
Getting Your Accommodations Booked
Getting accommodations booked could be a bit problematic for you if you have not visited this vacation destination before. So, you are advised to contact Vacation By Owners, one of the best Florida Keys vacation rentals by owner to keep rental hassle at bay. It provides various types of no-booking-fee vacation rentals villas, cottages, condos, apartments and cabins for the comfortable accommodations of tourists.
Must-Visit Places You Should Include in Your Bucket List
The Florida Keys boasts many must-visit places that are famous not only in the US but also the world over. Visiting all of them may not be possible for you. Nevertheless, those that must capture your attention include the following:
- Marathon: As a popular commercial and sportfishing center, located in the Middle Keys, it has gorgeous beaches, waterfront restaurants, Aquarium Encounters, the Dolphin Research Center and the Turtle Hospital. The water sports activities available on it include jet-skiing, kayaking, and paddleboarding. It is an ideal place for joggers, walkers and cyclists.
- Turtle Hospital: Built-in 1986, this turtle hospital rehabilitates injured sea turtles. It performs the medical treatment on sea turtles. Since it started working as a rehabilitation center, it has rehabilitated over 1500 turtles. A visit to this hospital will give you a unique experience to know the rehabilitation process of these aquatic critters.
- Dolphin Research Center: This research center will enable you to learn about California sea lions and Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. In addition, you will see various dolphinalities during narrated sessions and watch the trainers interacting with the dolphins. Swimming with dolphins is a very enjoyable activity here. A tour of Island Dolphin Care on Key Largo is another exciting experience that you should not forget to have.
- National Key Deer Refuge: Located between Key West and Marathon, this refuge is home to the National Key Deer Refuge and Key deer. The amazing thing about these deer is that they become as large as a dog when they are fully grown. Built-in 1957, it started working as a sanctuary for the endangered Key deer, which became extinct due to hunting by 1950s.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory: In this conservatory, you will get an opportunity to go through the glass-closed conservatory, which has nearly 60 species of butterflies and over 20 species of exotic birds.Here, you will learn about the life cycle of a butterfly through a 15-minute educational film.
Where to Dine?
Dining is a great pleasure in the Florida Keys. The restaurants that are famous for their excellent cuisines are The Lobster Shack, The Square Grouper Bar and Grill, Prime Steakhouse, and Clemente's Trolley Pizzeria. The cuisines that you must try to rock your taste buds include Lionfish, Stone Crab, Hogfish and Conch.
What to Imbibe from the Florida Keys?
After enjoying a vacation in the Florida Keys, always remember it as your favourite destination in terms of its appealing attractions, things to do and comfortable and affordable accommodations. Share the memories of your vacation with your loved ones so that you remember it forever.